With the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) set to take effect on January 1, 2020, many businesses dealing with California consumers and their information are under immediate pressure to comply. Despite the deadline, the CCPA remains a work in progress. From ways to institute compliance practices in such a short amount of time, to strategies for avoiding the incoming flood of litigation, many unanswered questions remain.
This session will focus on:
- The latest CCPA legislative updates
- Tips for anticipating and avoiding CCPA class actions
- The CCPA's private right of action
- Strategically responding to CCPA requests
- A checklist on best practices for complying with the new regulations and how to avoid pitfalls
Mintz is an approved CLE provider. This webinar is accredited in the following states: California (1.0 general credit) and New York (1.0 general credit). Mintz is also an IAPP-approved CPE provider.