Maintaining growth and delivering value for shareholders hinges on making sense of such complex matters as demographic shifts, technological disruption, geopolitical tensions, and regulatory changes. Corporations, private equity firms and others engaged in M&A, joint ventures and other transactions are increasingly focused on the potential impact of these forces when targeting, evaluating and capturing the full value from a deal.
Given this uncharted territory, it’s important to expand the conversations around these issues and seek insight beyond the typical deals resources for a deeper understanding of important trends and their impact on deal strategies.
At Deals West, we will examine the elements of the new deal frontier and how to successfully navigate a dynamic and multifaceted environment. By bringing together thought leaders and dealmakers from different industries and areas of expertise, you will gain bold new insights that will help you figure out which path to growth is right for your organization. How well organizations comprehend this era of significant change and adapt their approach to distributing and investing capital is crucial to maximizing efficiency and driving profitable growth. We will discuss the topics central to your strategy as you plot a course forward.
- Emerging technologies - What can be applied to my business today — not tomorrow? And where do I get started?
- The Dealmaker’s crystal ball - What trends do I need to know to anticipate disruption and manage uncertainty in order to deliver value from my transactions?
- Strategies for growth in a digitally connected world - Which new business models support growth and drive scale in technologically complex markets?
- Innovative transaction structures - What are the strategic options, from traditional M&A transactions to partnerships, that are crucial to maximizing impact and creating value?
- State of capital: Continued bounty? - Where is the record amount of capital available for investment today flowing from, and will there be sufficient funding to scale in the short and long term?
- Barriers and break Ups? - What regulatory landscape changes should I be focused on for better dealmaking?
- Customer experience in M&A - How does M&A affect consumers and what impact does it have on a deal being successful?
- Leveraging talent and culture to create deal value - How can focusing on workforce strategy, talent, and culture enable top-tier organization performance?
Deals West is designed to help you step back from your daily responsibilities, relax in a luxurious coastal paradise, think deeply and engage in discussion with those who can help you chart and refine your course. Attendees will experience a unique opportunity to network with a community of peers, leading thinkers and practitioners while getting access to high quality content and thought-provoking discussions. We hope you’ll join us.
Tuesday & Wednesday, October 1 & 2, 2019
Day One - Tuesday, October 1, 2019
1:30 pm – 2:00 pm Registration
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm Program
5:30 pm – 9:00 pm Surf’s Up! Welcome Networking Dinner
Day Two - Wednesday, October 2, 2019
8:00 am – 9:00 am Breakfast
9:00 am - 5:00 pm Program
5:00 pm – 7:00 pm Closing Reception
The Ritz Carlton, Laguna Niguel
One Ritz Carlton Drive
Dana Point, CA 92629
We hope you’ll join us.