Cvent Unveils Major Upgrades and Enhancements to the Cvent Supplier Network
New System Expands Meeting and Event Planners' Global Venue Reach; Makes Meeting Site Selection Easier than Ever
MCLEAN, VA – July 19, 2010 - Cvent, the world's largest provider of online event management, meeting site selection and web survey solutions, today released significant upgrades to the Cvent Supplier Network (CSN). The enhanced system was designed based on the collective feedback of more than 35,000 meeting planners and hoteliers over the past two years. The new CSN boasts a sleek, modernized interface with increased functionality to simplify the user experience for both meeting planners and suppliers.
"We've seen tremendous success with the Cvent Supplier Network since its launch in 2008. As use of the system continues to grow exponentially, our focus and investment centers around making the system even more flexible, simpler to navigate and equipped with all the functionality both planners and suppliers need to make meeting site selection faster and easier than ever," said Bharet Malhotra, Cvent Vice President of Sales.
The Cvent Supplier Network enables meeting planners to easily search detailed profiles of more than 100,000 event venues worldwide, send electronic Request for Proposals (RFPs) detailing their meeting requirements and then compare supplier proposals with side-by-side reports – all at no cost.
Highlights of the enhanced Cvent Supplier Network include:
- A new Quick RFP that simplifies and streamlines RFP creation for planners and facilitates more timely responses from hotels and Convention and Visitors Bureaus (CVBs);
- A Request for Information (RFI) option that allows planners to easily reach out to restaurants and special event venues, particularly for smaller-scale meetings;
- Enhanced venue profile details and filters that enable planners to more quickly find the information they need, including new sections specifically for restaurants and special event venues;
- A wider variety and increased number of venues listed in the network, with more than 20,000 special event venues and restaurants and 50,000 venues outside North America, as well as more in-depth detail about each meeting supplier; and
- Additional opportunities for suppliers to showcase their venue or services to qualified meeting planners.
Based on this year's growth in Q1 and Q2, the Cvent Supplier Network will generate close to $1 billion in actualized group business for hotels and event venues in 2010. The system's enhancements are supplemented by the redesign of the entire Cvent web presence, including the Cvent Destination Guide, the first and only online travel guide designed exclusively for meeting and event planners. At more than 5,000 pages, the Destination Guide puts all the meeting-specific details of more than 150 destinations worldwide at meeting planners' fingertips so they can make informed site selections.
Founded in 1999, Cvent is the world's largest meetings and event management technology company and has 1,200 employees worldwide. Cvent offers web-based software for online event registration, meeting site selection, event management, mobile apps for events, e-mail marketing and web surveys, and helps more than 10,000 clients in 90 countries manage hundreds of thousands of events, surveys and e-mail campaigns. Cvent's client base includes corporations from every major industry, associations, universities, and non-profit organizations. For more information, please visit www.cvent.com, or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.