This course is designed for clinicians who have an interest in treating upper extremity injuries associated with both neuropathic and musculoskeletal consequences. Understanding the relationship with pain and the brain will be discussed. Innovative treatment techniques using Graded Motor Imagery program for carpal tunnel, lateral epicondylitis, cubital tunnel, and complex regional pain syndromes will be included. Graded Motor Imagery Program includes ways to re-train the brain using lateral reconstruction, imagery, as well as Mirror Therapy.
Emphasis will be placed on differential diagnosis and treatment approaches. The anatomical relationships of upper extremity dysfunctions and ways to determine the source of the problem will also be included. Differential diagnosis methods such as upper limb tension testing will be covered. Other topics presented include: anatomical relationships for soft tissue structures, physiological concepts of the disorders and treatment strategies.
Upon completion of this course the participant will be able to:
· Recognize and differentiate both neuropathic and musculoskeletal problems of the upper extremity
· Learn new techniques to retrain the brain using Graded Motor Imagery program
· Perform comprehensive diagnostic techniques by using upper limb tension testing
· Learn ways to determine sympathetic dysregulation and ways to treat
· Choose and execute a treatment program
· Learn rehabilitation strategies for reimbursement and improve functional outcome
Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Athletic Trainers, and Hand Therapists
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.