# 121 Brochure
Course Summary:Experience a master clinician in action, as he demonstrates and provides the clinical and scientific rationale for the use of more than 30 examination techniques, neuromotor treatment strategies, and exercises to reduce pain and manage posture, balance, and gait dysfunctions associated with orthopedic, geriatric, and neurologic movement disorders. Demonstrations will include: 1) diagnostic specific tests and measurements; 2) neurologic reflex methods to manage acute and chronic pain; 3) functionally based manual therapy techniques; 4) posture, balance, and gait re-education strategies; 5) imagery and biofeedback techniques and 6) and task/sports specific functional training modules. All these techniques and strategies can be integrated into orthopedic, manual therapy, neurologic and geriatric protocols. There will be ample time for questions and to enter into discussion with Dr. Burkart during the clinical demonstrations. A PowerPoint manual and a list of scientific and evidence based clinical references will be provided.
At the conclusion of the course the participant will be able to:
1. Compare and contrast neuromotor controlstrategies in orthopedic, neurologic, and geriatric rehabilitation.
2. Evaluateand then discuss a clinical decision-making algorithm for a nine-phaserehabilitation program
3. Chooseevaluation tests and measures and treatment techniques to improve clinicalefficiency and effectiveness.
4. Followa case-based presentation to view a cutting edge clinical algorithm in action.
5. Observeproper execution of evaluation and treatment interventions.
6. Compareand contrast different treatment options and approaches and how you can applythese strategies and techniques to your own clinical practice.
Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Assistants and Nursing Staff
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2014 Cvent Inc. All rights reserved.