Course Summary:Experience a master clinician in action, as he demonstrates and provides the clinical and scientific rationale for the use of more than 30 examination techniques, neuromotor treatment strategies, and exercises to reduce pain and manage posture, balance, and gait dysfunctions associated with orthopedic, geriatric, and neurologic movement disorders. Demonstrations will include: 1) diagnostic specific tests and measurements; 2) neurologic reflex methods to manage acute and chronic pain; 3) functionally based manual therapy techniques; 4) posture, balance, and gait re-education strategies; 5) imagery and biofeedback techniques and 6) and task/sports specific functional training modules. All these techniques and strategies can be integrated into orthopedic, manual therapy, neurologic and geriatric protocols. There will be ample time for questions and to enter into discussion with Dr. Burkart during the clinical demonstrations. A PowerPoint manual and a list of scientific and evidence based clinical references will be provided.
1. Contrast at least 3 neuromotor control strategies in orthopedic, neurologic, and/or geriatric rehabilitation.
2. Evaluate a clinical decision-making algorithm for a nine-phase rehabilitation program in the neurologically impaired client.
3. Assemble at least 4 evaluation tests/measures to improve clinical efficiency and effectiveness in a client with a posture, balance, or gait.
4. Appraise a case-based presentation for at least 3 cutting edge clinical techniques in a client with a posture, balance, or gait dysfunction.
5. Contrast at least 3 different treatment options/approaches from this course that you can apply to your own clinical practice.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent Inc. All rights reserved.