Are you at the top of your clinical game in sports rehab for the athletes you serve? This niche field of medical rehab requires a unique and focused concentration on medical care, precautions and endurance to bring the injured patient back to peak performance.
The Donatelli Sports Specific Rehabilitation Symposium brings together some of the nations finest sports rehab and conditioning personnel for a close look at practice tracks that have a proven result for returning athletes to their sports field in an effective and efficient manner. This symposium will cover the sports of basketball, baseball, tennis, golf, soccer and MMA, yet the concepts conveyed will be applicable to most any sports injury.
Members of the symposium faculty have worked with athletes at the professional, college and amateur levels through rehabilitation of their injuries, development of prevention programs, and the improvement of sports performance. Bob Donatelli along with his international team of experts will share protocols by sports specialties and in a two day format that will be interactive, inventive and highly informative.
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Implement the Donatelli concepts of sports specific rehabilitation in turning the athlete to their sport protocol.
2. Express an understanding of the body’s physiologic response to resistive exercises.
3. Demonstrate the concepts of functional testing, periodization, plyometrics, and resistive training as they pertain to rehabilitation.
4. Name common injuries in the overhead throwing athlete
5. Name common injuries in the golfer
6. Perform special tests for the upper and lower kinetic chain.
7. Perform functional testing for balance, strength, and endurance in the lower limb
8. Perform manual therapy techniques to the Shoulder and Hip
9. Identify techniques and concepts of sports specific training in the athlete
10. Identify neuromuscular training exercises and what systems are important to balance
Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Athletic Trainers, Exercise Specialists
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.