In this two day course, developed bv Sara Meeks, our faculty presents her innovative, effective, S.A.F.E.**, site-specific comprehensive program for management of the patients with osteoporosis, osteopenia, and postural problems which is also useful for spinal stenosis and back pain. The program includes a complete patient assessment, site-specific exercise program, postural correction, balance, gait, body mechanics during activities of daily living, use of foam rollers for balance and core strengthening, scapular stabilization exercises with resistance band, information on use of treatment modalities as they pertain to osteoporosis, and guidelines for advanced exercises (e.g., in the gym, Yoga, Pilates etc.). **Skeletally Appropriate For Everyone
1. Demonstrate Sit-To-Stand-To-Sit and articulate why independence in this activity is important .
2. Articulate two first signs, two non-modifiable and two modifiable risk factors for Osteoporosis.
3. Give two reasons why the interventions for normal bone, osteopenia and osteoporosis would be essentially the same but how they might differ according to the patient’s clinical condition.
4. List three safe, valid and reliable tests to include in an assessment procedure for persons with known or suspected osteoporosis or low bone mass.
5. List 3 reasons why people may have severe postural change as, but not necessarily because, they age.
6. List 5 site-specific strengthening, flexibility, balance and/or gait training exercises based on preventing, arresting and/or reversing the Patterns of Postural Change in The Meeks Method.
7. Name the first principle of management of osteoporosis and compression fracture used in The Meeks Method.
8. Demonstrate two movements which would increase safety in ADL’s for patients with osteoporosis or other back pathology.
9. Name three therapeutic modalities that can be used to augment the exercise program of the patient with osteoporosis.
A Workshop for Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, and Athletic Trainers
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.