This course, geared toward the practicing speech language pathologist and occupational therapists, will provide an overview of science and practice in the area of adult neurogenic language disorders. Attendees will receive up to date information regarding assessment and treatment driven by principles of neuroplasticity. Additional features of this course are a detailed explanation and hands-on practice of emerging treatment protocols.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
1) Identify concomitant conditions that should be considered in management of aphasia
2) Identify two sources that contain information about best practice in aphasia rehabilitation
3) Explain how the components of the "SMARTER" goal-setting framework apply to aphasia rehabilitation
4) Identify guiding principles for assessment in aphasia rehabilitation
5) Describe how principles of neuroplasticity relate to aphasia rehabilitation
6) Define treatment intensity and summarize current evidence for intensive aphasia treatment
7) Describe evidence-based approaches that target impairment-level deficits in aphasia
8) Describe evidence-based approaches that target environment and participation
9) Describe how technology is being used by patients and clinicians in aphasia rehabilitation
Speech-Language Pathologists and Occupational Therapists involved in the treatment of adults with aphasia in medical, assisting living, and homecare settings.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.