At the conclusion of the course the participant will be able to:
· Identify treatment techniques for chronic and acute stroke patients that provide a functional challenge and lead to recovery.
· Explain what spasticity is as it relates to stroke and how decreasing it is key to restoring movement in this group
· Learn how to maximize upper extremity function once reciprocal inhibition is restored.
· Analyze principles of progression in upper extremity rehabilitation to maximize upper extremity use
· Identify benefits and considerations of repetitive and effective upper extremity protocols for stroke patients
· Incorporate shaping and other behaviorally based strategies into management of the upper extremity
· Administer stroke specific, validated outcome measures to monitor progress and evaluate change.
Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.