**This Course includes a complimentary copy of Diane Bahr's book Nobody Ever Told Me (or My Mother) That! Everything from Bottles and Breathing to Healthy Speech Development. This book contains extensive lists and descriptions that therapists may use when working with parents and other care providers. It covers feeding, early speech, and mouth development in detail.**
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify oral sensory-motor problems that impact feeding, speech, and mouth function in children with autism, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, and other developmental disorders.
2. Identify typical and atypical anatomy/physiology and feeding/speech/mouth function.
3. Identify appropriate treatments for feeding/speech/mouth function problems.
4. Practice general oral massage for appropriate populations (e.g., children with defensiveness, oral awareness problems, tonic bite, hyperresponsive gag, etc.).
5. Practice feeding techniques that can be safely taught to parents and care providers.
Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, and Assistants.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.