Posture, Strength, Endurance, Motor Planning and Coordination, Balance, Body Awareness, Modulation, Flexibility, Self-Esteem and overall general fitness level. Lab work will emphasize problem solving and facilitation techniques on a doll as well as on other participants. Therapists will learn how to sequence several exercises on a ball to target specific muscle groups and areas of weakness. They will also take home numerous fun exercise activities and games with a ball that can be easily incorporated into a home exercise program.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of this course, participants shall be able to:
1. Identify benefits and contraindications of physioball exercises for the pediatric population.
2. Adapt specific ball exercises to accommodate for various ages and abilities.
3. Recognize and modify respiratory patterns to improve postural alignment and sensory modulation.
4. Facilitate with a partner or doll how to safely complete transitions with alignment on a ball.
5. Select appropriate music to enhance functional outcomes and improve patient compliance.
6. Sequence and modify dynamic movement patterns/exercises on the ball to music.
7. Replicate numerous fun exercise activities and games with a ball.
Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.