Have you found that treating a baby with Torticollis takes many months or does not fully resolve with “tummy time” and painful stretching? Join Nancy Neiditz, PT, an Anat Baniel Method SM and Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner, for new techniques to add to your repertoire of Torticollis treatment. Nancy, who has treated nearly 100 babies with Torticollis, has created a method of working with this condition that encompasses her ballet and modern dance training, Feldenkrais, and The Anat Baniel Method for Children cm. Her no-stretching and no-tummy-time techniques gently address this difficult posture with positioning, eye-hand coordination, feeding techniques and gentle movements. Rather than aiming at the musculoskeletal system of the body, Nancy incorporates the neuromuscular component with a strong emphasis on “brain plasticity.”
Upon completion of this course, participants shall be able to:
1. Demonstrate more gentle handling techniques during the practicum with course participants learning
a minimum of eight
interventions to improve functional abilities that maintain a midline head position.
2. Identify primitive reflexes and righting reactions to facilitate rotation and lateral bending to
3. Create home programs that incorporate all of the infant’s activities.
4. Comprehend the etiology of Torticollis with a review of the anatomy, physiology and kinesiology of
and neighboring muscles of the cervical spine.
5. Design the age-appropriate treatment protocols based on the gross motor abilities of the baby.
Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, and Occupational Therapist Assistants
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.