OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1 . Identify body movement components of standing, scooting, bed mobility, and transferring.
2 . Demonstrate facilitating 5 different types of manual transfers.
3. Determine when to use one transfer technique over another.
4. Demonstrate facilitating effective motion in bed mobility and two person transfers.
5. Explain specific orthopedic and neurological precautions and how to effectively transfer patients with these restrictions.
6. Discuss solutions to determine safe and effective transfers considering specific physical deficits of patients and complex environmental situations.
7. Discuss common employee lifting restrictions and use clinical reasoning to determine when to use mechanical lifts versus manual transfers.
8. Apply transfer training assessment and skills to bring back to your job.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.