This course teaches evaluation of patients with or at risk for lymphedema. It is a combination of lectures and labs. Skill areas covered include measurement of limbs, palpation and staging of lymphedema, and education of patients in risk-reduction strategies and skin care.
· Understanding the role of various co-morbidities
· Measuring the limbs and calculating volumes and percentages of swelling
· Assessing skin condition and tissue texture
· Staging the lymphedema according to ISL categories
· Assessing functional impairments caused by the lymphedema
· Differentiating between lymphedema and other forms of swelling
Physical therapists and occupational therapists.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.