OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of this course the participant will be able to:
1. Demonstrate performance of efficient screening examination procedures in order to identify pathologies that fall outside the
scope of the physical therapy.
2. Evaluate examination findings and identify when to make appropriate referrals to other healthcare providers.
3. Identify medical “red flags” from a physical therapy examination which would contraindicate physical therapy intervention
and/or require a medical referral across a variety of patient scenarios.
4. Describe medical “red flags” that may require urgent medical consultation or emergency attention.
5. Appraise data gained from a history and diagnostic tests/procedures, and weight the data in the context of the results of the
physical therapy examination to develop a realistic differential diagnosis with the scope of physical therapy practice.
6. Integrate clinical decision-making skills, clinical reasoning, reflection and the individual needs of the patient/client when making
7. Apply the skills of differential diagnosis across all age groups in order to provide quality first-contact care through direct
8. Discuss the signs, symptoms, and examination findings that differentiate common musculoskeletal, neuromuscular,
cardiopulmonary, gastrointestinal, and other disease states that a physical therapist may encounter.
9. Integrate critical analysis of current research & professional literature in the selection of special tests for diagnosis of upper
10. Describe the statistical rationale for clinical decision making, i.e. sensitivity, specificity, positive & negative likelihood ratios of
special tests to de
PT CEU’s: Motivations Inc is an approved provider of Physical Therapy continuing education by these professional bodies: Texas Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association, ILDPR- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation Approved PT CE Sponsor, NY- New York State Education Department, Office of the Professions. Many state boards recognize these for pre-approval purposes. Contact us if you would like verification for your state.This course has been approved by the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy for 3 hours of training.
OT CEU’s: Motivations, Inc. webinars are approved for AOTA CEU's Distance Learning: Interactive.
Motivations, Inc. is an approved CEU provider by NATA BOC.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.