OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of this course the participant will be able to:
1. Understand the importance of medical screening for visceral pathology that may be beyond the scope of
practice, i.e. referral patterns & special tests for visceral pathology
2. Integrate critical analysis of current research & professional literature in the selection of special tests for
diagnosis of lower extremity pathology.
3. Understand the statistical rationale for clinical decision making, i.e. sensitivity, specificity, positive & negative
likelihood ratios of special tests to determine the most value tests to make a diagnosis & those that are better
suited for ruling out a diagnosis (screening).
4. Describe the clustering of tests to enhance the likelihood of an accurate diagnosis
5. Discriminate between the use of tests for screening vs. tests to incriminate a specific tissue, particularly in the
cases where special tests may incriminate several different tissues.
6. Integrate the use toolbox questionnaires to quantifying a client’s level of pain & function.
Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapy Assistance, Occupational Therapy Assistance.
PT CEU’s: Motivations Inc is an approved provider of Physical Therapy continuing education by these professional bodies: Texas Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association, ILDPR- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation Approved PT CE Sponsor, NY- New York State Education Department, Office of the Professions. Physical Therapy Board of California. Many state boards recognize these for pre-approval purposes. Contact us if you would like verification for your state. This course has been approved by the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy for 3 hours of training. OT CEU’s: Motivations, Inc. webinars are approved for AOTA CEU's Distance Learning: Interactive.
ATC CEU’s: Motivations, Inc. is an approved CEU provider by NATA BOC.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.