Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
1. Identify one of the least known muscles that contributes to balance
2. Describe the anatomy of the core muscles
3. Palpate the transverse abdominis, multifidus and pelvic floor muscles
4. Design and implement a motor control and core strengthening exercise program to enhance balance
5. Determine when and how to progress core strengthening exercises
6. Implement strength training strategies while utilizing core muscles to improve balance and prevent falls
7. Understand how expectations may influence patient performance
8. Utilize balance outcome measures in the clinic
Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapy Assistance, Occupational Therapy Assistance.
PT CEU’s: Motivations Inc is an approved provider of Physical Therapy continuing education by these professional bodies: Texas Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association, ILDPR- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation Approved PT CE Sponsor, NY- New York State Education Department, Office of the Professions. Physical Therapy Board of California. Many state boards recognize these for pre-approval purposes. Contact us if you would like verification for your state.
OT CEU’s: Motivations, Inc. webinars are approved for AOTA CEU's Distance Learning: Interactive.
ATC CEU’s: Motivations, Inc. is an approved CEU provider by NATA BOC.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.