This course is designed for physical and occupational therapists, and other healthcare professionals working with patients suffering from balance disorders, falls, movement disorders, or dizziness/vertigo. The lecture and information presented will be helpful with the treatment of a variety of disorders, including Vestibular disorders, Parkinson’s Disease, CVA, traumatic brain injury, sensory integration disorders, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, and other diseases/disabilities/injuries resulting in imbalance/coordination problems, or dizziness affecting children, adults, and the elderly. Research and experience have proven that vestibular rehabilitation is highly effective in the reduction and elimination of balance disorders and vertigo. The purposes of this course are to describe the Vestibular Rehabilitation/Balance Retraining Process, to provide medical rationale for this intervention, to provide information to practice evaluation and treatment procedures, and to present case study reports and positive outcomes of this treatment approach.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
1. Describe the Vestibular Rehabilitation/Balance Retraining Process
2. Apply anatomy and physiology principles as they relate to balance, vertigo, and practical treatment
3. Explain neurophysiological rationale and the concepts of adaptation, compensation, stimulation, habituation, repositioning, and reflex integration
4. Identify the pathophysiology of various vestibular and central nervous system disorders
5. Demonstrate evaluation procedures of oculomotor, reflexes, vertigo, and balance
6. Develop treatment plans and demonstrate appropriate treatment techniques for vestibular and CNS disorders using problem solving & evidence based methods
7. Discuss functional outcome measurements and Identify precautions for utilizing this treatment approach
Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapy Assistance, Occupational Therapy Assistance and Speech Therapists and healthcare professionals.
PT CEU’s: Motivations Inc is an approved provider of Physical Therapy continuing education by these professional bodies: Texas Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association, ILDPR- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation Approved PT CE Sponsor, NY- New York State Education Department, Office of the Professions, Physical Therapy Board of California. Many state boards recognize these for pre-approval purposes. Contact us if you would like verification for your state.
OT CEU’s: Motivations, Inc. is an approved CEU provider by AOTA. This course is approved for distance learning: interactive. ATC CEU’s: Motivations, Inc. is an approved CEU provider by NATA BOC. ASHA CEU’s: Motivations, Inc. is an approved CEU provider by ASHA. This course is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional area).
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.