Apraxia is a subtle but common impairment after stroke. In this seminar you will learn how and why it occurs, common apraxia signs and symptoms, the various types of apraxia and their differential diagnosis, evaluations to determine the presence and extent of apraxia, assessments to determine response to intervention techniques, and evidence-based strategies to reduce the functional impact of apraxia.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to: · Understand the components leading to purposeful movement in healthy individuals, and how these components are affected by stroke.· Define apraxia and describe its common characteristics· Differentiate between the various types of apraxia· Describe 3 ways that apraxia impacts function· Identify and describe the implementation of 2 apraxia evaluation and assessment tools· Identify and describe 3 evidence based intervention strategies targeting apraxia
· Understand the components leading to purposeful movement in healthy individuals, and how these components are affected by stroke.
· Define apraxia and describe its common characteristics
· Differentiate between the various types of apraxia
· Describe 3 ways that apraxia impacts function
· Identify and describe the implementation of 2 apraxia evaluation and assessment tools
· Identify and describe 3 evidence based intervention strategies targeting apraxia
Physical Therapy, Physical Therapy Assistant, Occupational Therapy, and Occupational Therapy Assistants
PT CEU’s: Motivations Inc is an approved provider of Physical Therapy continuing education by these professional bodies: Texas Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association, ILDPR- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation Approved PT CE Sponsor, NY- New York State Education Department, Office of the Professions. Many state boards recognize these for pre-approval purposes. Contact us if you would like verification for your state. This course has been approved by the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy for 3 hours of training.
OT CEU’s: Motivations, Inc. webinars are approved for AOTA CEU's Distance Learning: Interactive.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.