Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
1. Discuss the causes of stroke and stroke statistics.
2. Identify common UE impairments following neurological Injury.
3. Describe current research evidence for common treatment strategies utilized to treat these impairments.
4. Describe how rehabilitation can influence cortical plasticity.
5. Describe the principles of (Saebo’s Functional Dynamic) Orthoses and why they were developed.
6. Describe the principles of the SaeboStretch resting hand splint.
7. State the benefits of utilizing gravity compensation for upper limb proximal weakness.
8. Describe the benefits of biofeedback, electrical stimulation, and biofeedback triggered electrical stimulation for the hemiparetic arm and the best method of use.
9. Understand the key benefits of computer-based upper extremity treatment using the SaeboReJoyce.
PT CEU’s: Motivations, Inc. courses are approved for PT by the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy. Motivations Inc is an approved provider of Physical Therapy continuing education by these professional bodies: Texas Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association, ILDPR- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation Approved PT CE Sponsor, NY- New York State Education Department, Office of the Professions. Physical Therapy Board of California. Many state boards recognize these for pre-approval purposes. OT CEU’s: AOTA: Motivations, Inc. is an approved provider of continuing education by the American Occupational Therapy Association #4002, for 3 contact hours - Intermediate Level Occupational Therapy Process: evaluation, intervention. Distance Learning: Interactive. The assignment of AOTA CEU's does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products or clinical procedures by AOTA
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.