Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
1. Describe at least 3 sources of literature and data that support early mobilization in the ICU.
2. Define the role and importance of interdisciplinary communication in the ICU.
3. Describe at least 2 lab values significant to the ICU environment that relate to medical rehabilitation.
4. Correctly evaluate whether or not it is safe to mobilize a patient in the ICU environment by using clinical decision guidelines.
5. Identify 2 objective measures that can be used in the ICU environment to monitor patient progress and outcomes.
6. Define at least 5 monitoring (basic & advanced), airways, and/or lines found in the ICU environment.
7. Discriminate at least 3 lab values important to consider prior to mobilizing patients with intra aortic balloon pumps, ECMO,
Ventricular assist devices and/or other advance equipment
8. Based on course content, describe each of the parameters (pulse rate, pulse duration, duty cycle, intensity, treatment
duration) used to perform functional electrical stimulation with patients in the the ICU
Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapists, Therapy Assistants and Professionals.
PT CEU’s: Motivations Inc is an approved provider of Physical Therapy continuing education by these professional bodies: Texas Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association, ILDPR- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation Approved PT CE Sponsor, NY- New York State Education Department, Office of the Professions. Physical Therapy Board of California. Many state boards recognize these for pre-approval purposes. Contact us if you would like verification information on your state. This course has been approved by the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy for 3 hours of training.
OT CEU’s: Motivations, Inc. is an approved CEU provider by AOTA for Distance Learning: Interactive. SLP CEU’s: This course is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional area).
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.