During this course we will focus onthe issues related to restraints and pressure sores in long term care settings.We will discuss the general problems and policies found in these settings andwill explore clinical reasoning techniques and interventions. This informationshould help rehabilitation professions to become stronger team members in theeffort to reduce unnecessary restraints, and prevent pressure wounds so oftenfound in these facilities. Our main focus will be on seated the position andfunction.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
1. Discuss the issues and policies related torestraint use and pressure sores in LTC settings.
2. Describe the anatomical and functional causes ofshear and pressure as they relate to sitting
3. List reasons for “sliding” during sitting
4. Describe interventions to minimize shear, pressureand sliding during sitting
5. Describe basic interventions to prevent use ofrestraint due to impulsive/unsafe rising during sitting.
Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, PhysicalTherapy Assistance, Occupational Therapy Assistance.
PT CEU’s: Motivations Inc is an approved provider of Physical Therapy continuing education by these professional bodies: Texas Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association, ILDPR- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation Approved PT CE Sponsor, NY- New York State Education Department, Office of the Professions. Many state boards recognize these for pre-approval purposes. Contact us if you would like verification for your state.
OT CEU’s: Motivations, Inc. is an approved CEU provider by AOTA.
ATC CEU’s: Motivations, Inc. is an approved CEU provider by NATA BOC.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.