Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:1. Define how drugs play a part in causing and treating dysphagia.
2. Identify commonly used analgesic and anti-inflammatory drugs that can either treat pain or cause dysphagia.
3. List specific medications that cause “pill-induced” esophagitis and gastritis, susceptible patients, and effective treatments.
4. Identify iatrogenic causes and drug treatments for xerostomia and sialorrhea.
5. List strategies underlying drug treatment for esophageal motility disorders.
6. Identify over-the-counter and herbal preparations that may cause or worsen dysphagia.
PT CEU’s: Motivations Inc is an approved provider of Physical Therapy continuing education by these professional bodies: Texas Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association, ILDPR- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation Approved PT CE Sponsor, NY- New York State Education Department, Office of the Professions. Physical Therapy Board of California. Many state boards recognize these for pre-approval purposes. Contact us if you would like verification for your state.
OT CEU’s: AOTA: Motivations, Inc. is an approved provider of continuing education by the American Occupational Therapy Association #4002, for 3 contact hours - Intermediate Level Occupational Therapy Process: evaluation, intervention. Distance Learning: Interactive. The assignment of AOTA CEU's does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products or clinical procedures by AOTA.
ASHA CEU’s: Motivations, Inc. is an approved CEU provider by ASHA for a LIVE webinar. This course is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional area). As a RECORDED WEBINARS, this is NOT APPROVED for ASHA CEU’s.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.