A must-take course for manual therapists!
Upon completion of this course the participant will be able to:
1. Name the theoretical basis and evidence-based research for positional release/ counterstrain (PRT) and muscle energy therapy.
2. Describe basic neuromuscular reflexes, the muscle spindle, Golgi tendon organs and proprioceptors and their effect on muscle tone and function.
3. Assess the musculoskeletal system using palpation to identify trigger points (TPs).
4. Name the positions that reduce the pain and sensitivity of TPs to allow spontaneous release of abnormal painful tension.
5. Apply principles of MET/PNF to position a joint to effectively stretch a muscular restriction or strengthen an inhibited muscle.
6. Perform positional release and muscle energy therapy interventions to improve range of motion, flexibility, strength, and to reduce spasm and pain for a variety of clinical conditions.
Audience: Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapy Assistants
PT CEU’s: Motivations Inc is an approved provider of Physical Therapy continuing education by these professional bodies: Texas Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association, ILDPR- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation Approved PT CE Sponsor, NY- New York State Education Department, Office of the Professions. Many state boards recognize these for pre-approval purposes. Contact us if you would like verification for your state.
OT CEU’s: Motivations, Inc. webinars are approved for AOTA CEU's Distance Learning: Self Study
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.