Upon completion of this course the participant will be able to:
1. Name the anatomy and function of the myofascial system as it relates to clinical applications.
2. Perform a myofascial evaluation of posture and motion testing of the skin and muscles to identify motion barriers.
3. List indications and contraindications for myofascial release.
4. Define myofascial pain syndrome and fibromyalgia and discuss the differences between them.
5. Perform myofascial skin glide, skin rolling, crosshand releases, laminar releases, muscle play, circular friction, z-friction, elbowing, knuckling, distraction, respiratory diaphragm release, and psoas release to improve functional mobility as part of a therapeutic program.
Audience: Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Athletic Trainers
PT CEU’s: Motivations Inc is an approved provider of Physical Therapy continuing education by these professional bodies: Texas Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association, ILDPR- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation Approved PT CE Sponsor, NY- New York State Education Department, Office of the Professions. Many state boards recognize these for pre-approval purposes. Contact us if you would like verification for your state.
OT CEU’s: Motivations, Inc. webinars are approved for AOTA CEU's Distance Learning: Self Study
ATC CEU’s: Motivations, Inc. is an approved CEU provider by NATA BOC.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.