Objectives: Upon completion of this course the participant will be able to:
· Discuss the causes of stroke and stroke statistics.
· Identify common UE impairments following neurological Injury.
· Describe current research evidence for common treatment strategies utilized to treat these impairments.
· Describe how rehabilitation can influence cortical plasticity.
· Describe the principles of Saebo’s Functional Dynamic Orthoses and why they were developed.
· Describe the principles of the SaeboStretch resting hand splint.
· State the benefits of utilizing gravity compensation for upper limb proximal weakness.
· Describe the benefits of biofeedback, electrical stimulation, and biofeedback triggered electrical stimulation for the hemiparetic arm and the best method of use.
· Understand the key benefits of computer-based upper extremity treatment using the SaeboReJoyce.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.