1. Identify two key lower extremity muscles that contribute to energy efficient gait, and state their function for each of the following sub phases: initial contact, loading response, midstance, terminal stance, pre-swing, early swing, and late swing.
2. Describe the action and function of the abdominals, erector spinae, and deeper lumbar extensor muscles in the typical, mature gait cycle.
3. Explain five system impairments commonly seen in the gait of children with cerebral palsy in the following systems:
4. Name at least five possible single system and/or multi-system impairments and/or compensatory movements in the following common gait patterns seen in children with cerebral palsy:
a. Toe walking
b. Scissor gait
c. Knee Hyperextension at Mid-stance
d. Crouch gait
5. Implement at least three treatment ideas for each of the impairments or compensations listed in objective #4.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.