The emphasis of this workshop is on surgical microanatomy and microdissection of the cervical
spine. It will enhance the 3D anatomical knowledge of participants and sharpen their surgical skills of
cervical decompression and stabilization techniques. There are very few hands on cadaver workshops
available which encompass the scope of learning opportunities presented in this workshop, which
included multiple variations of instrumentation and devices provided by medical industry for hands on
use, and in addition-the opportunity to interact one on one with so many experts in this field.
Review, describe the intricate anatomy of the uncinated process, and identify the relationship of
nerve roots, the vertebral artery and foramen
Review the techniques and perform under the guidance of experts, anterior and posterior surgical approaches to the cervical spine including
• posterior decompression techniques including laminotomy, foraminotomy, laminoplasty, laminectomy and facetectomy
• fusion techniques including occiptal-cervical constructs, C1-2 transarticular fixation, subaxial
wire and plating constructs
• anterior decompression techniques including discectomy, foraminotomy and corpectomy
• anterior fusion techniques including Smith Robinson and strut grafting as well as subaxial
plate, odontoid fixation and cages
• transoral approach to dens resection
Discuss surgical indications and complications management for the above procedures
Due to federal regulations, participants are not allowed to place products into the cervical spine that are not FDA-approved.
Thursday, March 2, 2017 - Saturday, March 4, 2017 11:30 AM - 5:30 PMEastern Time
Pase Learning Center - 3839 Lindell Blvd3839 Lindell BlvdSt. Louis, Missouri 63108USA314-977-7334
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.