June 23 - 25, 2014
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MARCH 13, 2014!
Early Bird Registration Opens: March 18, 2014
Dr. Rosaline Barbour
Progressing Applied Qualitative Research
Contemporary, societal, and organizational issues are complex and practitioners and policy-makers are seeking strong evidence upon which to base decisions. Qualitative research is increasingly used to understand or address specific issues or problems in relation to practice, policy, or outcomes. While qualitative studies are necessary and important in applied social research, many issues arise in their enactment. AQM 2014 will provide a forum for the discussion of experiences and challenges with applied qualitative research and for the sharing of ideas that can strengthen it, such as:
- Defining applied qualitative research
- Developing and integrating scientific philosophy and social theory into applied qualitative research
- Bringing applied researchers together from across disciplines and collaborating with real communities
- Advocating for qualitative methods
- Learning how to influence people, policy, and practice
- Improving both applied qualitative and mixed methods
- Attracting funding for applied qualitative research
- Developing knowledge translation practices and skills
- Present a micro keynote to the entire conference!
- Symposia & Oral Presentations
- "Choreographed Interactive Debate"
- Poster Sessions
- Western-Style Cocktail Reception
Monday, June 23, 2014 - Wednesday, June 25, 2014
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM