We hope you will attend the 18th VAFC Annual Conference scheduled for November 13-15 at Stonewall Jackson Hotel in Staunton VA! Despite the uncertainty of health care and the economy now and in the future, free clinics continue to fill the gaps within their community providing much needed health care to those who need it the most. To demonstrate that ongoing role, this year’s conference theme is “Bridging the Gap.” This year’s conference will offer:
- 19 breakout sessions presented by nationally known presenters as well as local experts. Breakouts for clinical coordinators, clinical staff, volunteer coordinators, resource development staff, Board members and Executive Directors will be offered;
- New for this year – a vendor track for participants to learn about EMRs systems, health benefit programs, and pharmaceutical/supply companies in a low-stress, group environment;
- 2 plenary sessions with one on health care reform moderated by a nationally known expert on health care reform;
- Special Session for Free Clinic Medical Professionals;
- Co-sponsored with the Virginia Health Care Foundation, the Nurse Practitioner Roundtable;
- Evening of dinner and music provided by local bluegrass band The Steel Wheels;
- Tour of cohost clinic Augusta Regional Free Clinic;
- Opportunities to visit with vendors who cater specifically to free clinics;
- And lots of opportunities for networking!
For exhibit and sponsor registration, please download the following document: 2011 Sponsor -Exhibitor Registration
For more information, contact Jennifer O'Dell at email@example.com or our meeting planner Mara Servaites at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early bird registration ends September 30th & registration for the conference ends: November 6th!
Friday October 15th is the last day to receive guaranteed reduced hotel rates for the 2011 VAFC Annual Conference. If you have not made your reservations, and plan to attend the conference, please do so as soon as possible.