The National Association of Chronic Disease Directors is proud to co-sponsor the
2012 CDC National Cancer Conference:
Uniting Systems, Policy and Practice in Cancer Prevention and Control.
NACDD is arranging all event related food and beverage services.
Click here to review conference plenary videos.
The 2012 CDC National Cancer Conference was held August 21-23 in Washington, DC at the Omni Shoreham Hotel.
The theme of the 2012 CDC National Cancer Conference was: "Uniting Systems, Policy & Practice in Cancer Prevention and Control." This theme was chosen to reinforce and reflect the need to:
- Explore the implications of a changing health system on cancer prevention and control and discuss how to prepare and maximize opportunities.
- Discuss impact of disparities on access and quality of cancer prevention and control with a focus on innovative systems and policies to reduce disparities.
- Share the newest innovations in research and technology regarding cancer prevention, treatment, care and survivorship.
- Highlight global cancer initiatives and discuss how domestic organizations can benefit from and contribute to meeting global needs.
- Discuss cancer prevention topics with a focus on primary prevention.
- Discuss and identify how to effectively address cancer survivorship across the continuum.
The overall objectives of the 2012 CDC National Cancer Conference:
- Apply strategies to expand and improve the role of public health agencies and practitioners in cancer prevention, early detection, treatment, rehabilitation, and palliation.
- Translate research to practice to improve public health.
- Inform and engage policy makers on key cancer prevention and control priorities.
In addition, CDC held ancillary meetings on Monday, August 20, 2012 at the Omni Shoreham Hotel.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
"Like" us on Facebook for more information about the conference, discussions about conference events, and to view conference-related photos. Join in the conversations and begin networking with your cancer prevention colleagues today.
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Follow the conference on Twitter for important conference reminders and news. Search Twitter using hashtag #2012NCC to see what's being said about the conference and include the hashtag in your conference-related tweets.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Be the first to hear about conference news and updates by completing a short form. Click here to join our mailing list.
Special thanks to the National Association of Chronic Disease Directors for their ongoing support.