2013 Texas Health Home Summit
April 4-5, 2013
Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol
701 East 11th Street, Austin, Texas, 78701
The Texas Health/Medical Home Summit will be the first ever statewide conference focused specifically on expanding access to health/medical home for individuals and families in Texas. This Summit will offer stakeholders the opportunity to learn about health/medical home models and best practices, and to interact with program experts at various stages of implementation.
Participants will leave the Summit with:
- An understanding of the health/medical home and how it promotes accessible, continuous, comprehensive, family centered, coordinated, compassionate, and culturally effective health care.
- Awareness of best practices to improve the health/medical home for all types of patients (children, youth, adults, individuals with special needs and/or chronic diseases).
- Knowledge about how state and federal legislation impacts health/medical home implementation.
- Tools that can be used in their clinical practice or community to promote the health/medical home.
- A focus on consumer engagement and strengthened partnerships between families, providers, and the health care system.
- Mindfulness about the importance of building public-private partnerships to ensure an efficient, effective health care system.
- Consumers and families
- Health care practitioners (primary care and specialty)
- Governmental agencies
- Business representatives
- Employers (large, medium, and small; public and private)
- Payors (public and private)
- Federally qualified health centers (FQHCs)
- Hospital systems
Thursday, April 4, 2013 - Friday, April 5, 2013
12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
CMEs will be offered! We are in the process of working through the logistics and will post an update announcement when we have more current information.
In the meantime, please contact Stephanie Ondrias at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.