2014 DRAI Workshop
In response to demand, AATB is pleased to host the Inaugural Donor Risk Assessment Interview (DRAI) Workshop. This event is a full two-day interactive workshop for organ, eye, and tissue donation professionals where the process surrounding the Donor Risk Assessment Interview (aka the "DRAI"; previously called the "Med/Soc History Questionnaire") will be analyzed. Attendees of this inaugural workshop will have the opportunity to:
- Hear presentations detailing screening rationale for each interview question.
- Contribute to the development of the DRAI's User Instructions and the flowchart for each question.
- Influence guidelines by sharing experiences.
- Optimize this process for the benefit of all stakeholders, including bereaved interviewees.
- Participate in open discussion regarding successes and difficulties encountered by interviewers.
- Discuss the The DRAI for a donor >12 years old and the DRAI for a donor ≤12 years old (child.)
Be sure to include the Inaugural DRAI Workshop in your 2014 schedule and budget. *Registration will be limited to 200 attendees. This workshop is expected to sell out.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand how the Donor Risk Assessment Interview is used to determine eye/tissue donor eligibility, as well as to identify an organ donor at increased risk.
- Explain the goals of the Uniform Donor History Questionnaire (Organ, Tissue & Eye) Project that resulted in a consensus document called the DRAI (for a donor >12 years old.)
- List recommendations from the formal, qualitative evaluation of the DRAI (for a donor >12 years old) provided by the primary investigator at the National Center for Health Statistics.
- Describe how decisions were made and consensus was reached to finalize documents used as tools supporting the DRAI form.
- Develop training programs for staff performing the DRAI or for staff evaluating a completed DRAI form.
For media inquiries, please contact Sarah Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 827-9582.
Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - Wednesday, January 15, 2014
*To reserve a hotel room for the duration of your stay, you must CLICK HERE to reserve online or call the hotel directly using the number listed above.
The material presented at this meeting has been made available by the American Association of Tissue Banks for educational purposes only. This material is not intended to represent the best, or only method or procedure appropriate for the clinical scenarios/techniques discussed. Rather the material is intended to present an approach, view, statement or opinion of the faculty, which may be helpful to others who encounter similar situations.
The AATB disclaims any and all liability for injury or other damages resulting to any individuals attending a session for all claims, which may arise out of the use of the techniques demonstrated therein by such individuals, whether these claims shall be asserted by a physician or any other person.
No reproductions of any kind, including pictures, audiotapes and/or videotapes, may be made of the presentations at the AATB Meetings. The AATB reserves all of its rights to such material, and commercial reproduction is specifically prohibited.