May 8-9, 2014
The Westin Austin at the Domain
11301 Domain Drive, Austin, TX 78758
The 2014 Texas Health/Medical Home Summit will be the second annual statewide conference focused specifically on expanding access to medical home for individuals and families in Texas. This Summit will offer stakeholders the opportunity to learn about medical home models and best practices, and to interact with program experts at various stages of implementation. This year’s Summit will include a greater focus on integration of behavioral health into the heath home as well as more content on health homes for children and adolescents.
Participants will leave the Summit with:
1) An understanding of the medical home and how it promotes accessible, continuous, comprehensive, family centered, coordinated, compassionate, and culturally effective health care.
2) Awareness of best practices to improve the medical home for all types of patients (children, youth, adults, individuals with special needs and/or chronic diseases).
3) Knowledge about how state and federal legislation impacts medical home implementation.
4) Tools that can be used in their clinical practice or community to promote the medical home.
5) A focus on consumer engagement and strengthened partnerships between families, providers, and the health care system
- Health care practitioners (primary care and specialty)
- Governmental agencies
- Business representatives
- Employers (large, medium, and small; public and private)
- Payors (public and private)
- Federally qualified health centers (FQHCs)
- Hospital systems