1. Contract with National leaders in the fields of Health and Physical Education to be the speakers and presenters at in-state conventions and workshops.
2. Provide recertification credit for salary advancement and/or hours toward professional licensure at the annual fall convention and Outreach workshops that are hosted around the state.
3. Educate, through professional development opportunities, ongoing education in current topics through Outreach Workshops.
4. Recognize outstanding leaders and professionals by hosting the Awards Banquet.
5. Provide financial support for Colorado Central District Teachers of the Year for travel to the National competition.
6. Request State and National vendors to exhibit at our annual state convention.
7. Provide the opportunity for SHAPE Colorado members to apply for 5280 grant money for professional development and equipment.
1. Advocate to the state legislature "quality physical education".
2. Work in a collaborative partnership with Colorado Department of Education, – Coordinated School Health Programs, and with the Colorado Department of Health – Physical Activity and Nutrition Program, and the HEAL Coalition.
3. Fund substitute teacher reimbursement to teachers who speak to the state legislature.
4. Produced advocacy brocures available on line.
5. Employ a registered state Lobbyist, our voice and ears on the Capitol, during the state legislative session, who recommends political action on bills related to the SHAPE Colorado mission.
6. Provide seed money for individual or groups that would like to host an Outreach Workshop in their area of the state.
7. Advocate on as-need basis at professional organization conferences and school board meetings on the importance of quality physical education.
1. Act on your behalf as the state representatives at District and National Conferences, trainings and meetings.
2. Utilize online services, on the shapeco.org website, for easy access to join the SHAPE Colorado membership, and for convention registration.
3. Publish the SHAPE Colorado professional Journal, providing research articles with best practice activities.
4. Fund the shapeco.org web site for daily updates and links to state and national resources.
5. Provide ongoing communication to our members from national, district and state agencies including SHAPE America, American Heart Association, Colorado Department of Education, to name a few.
1. Employ staff to manage SHAPE Colorado's non profit business including finances, budget, membership data base, convention planning and implementation, web site, and daily communication with state and national members, agencies and affiliates.
2. Provide merchandise with SHAPE Colorado's logo to identify you as a member of your state professional association.
3. Fund student scholarships, (through money collected from the silent auction) available for students enrolled in Colorado Institutions of Higher Learning to attend conventions.
4. Maintain liability insurance for convention and workshop events, and a Certified Public Accountant to assist with the business of SHAPE Colorado.
1. Propose funding to provide financial incentive to members eager to apply for National Board Certification.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.