Opening Keynote: Stephen Ostroff, M.D., Deputy Commissioner for Foods and Veterinary Medicine, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
Thursday Keynote: Frank Yannis, VP Food Safety, Walmart
The 4th Annual Food Safety Consortium conference is a summit of Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA) industry experts and government officials. The agenda is comprised of panel discussions, individual presentations, "Ask The Experts" discussion groups, workshops and training programs running concurrently, coupled with overarching plenary sessions paired with a table-top exhibition.
To see photos of the 2015 Food Safety Consortium, click here
With so many learning opportunities to choose from during the Consortium, you may want to send a whole team to take full advantage. With that in mind, we've developed a pricing structure to encourage teams:
You must register all team members at the same time to receive the discounts. Prices are automatically calculated based on the number of registrants for each order.
The Food Safety Consortium offers attendees the ability to focus their time on a single track or walk freely among the various sessions. The concurrent running tracks are:
Q: Would you recommend this conference to a colleague and if so, what would you tell them?
1. "This is a good conference for content, the intimate size makes it productive"
2. "Speakers with good background in the food industry; including emerging trends for preparedness in regards to quality and food safety"
3. "The information shared with the participants was relevant and useful"
4. The size of the conference facilitates interaction. Not too large/not too small"
5. "Excellent topics, great presentations and workshops"
6. "The overall conference was well put together. I like the jump and switch capability for the different segments. Great networking"
7. "Variety of relevant topics, great presenters, very informative"
8. "Overall, I felt the Consortium offered a good variety of sessions. I personally found the Workshops and Plenary sessions provided very beneficial information."
During the registration process, attendees build their own schedule based on the current needs of their organization. While you are building the schedule now (which helps us with planning), you are not locked into the schedule and can attend any conference, workshop or training component of the Consortium.
Each day the Conference begins with a Plenary Presentation open to all attendees. Scheduled after are concurrent running sessions and "Ask the Experts" Discussion groups. Also, there are pre and post conference workshops for you to choose from.
On the agenda (see link on right side of page), the plenary presentations, concurrent running sessions, "Ask the Experts" Discussion groups and workshops are listed in chronological order.
Use the drop down menu to display the agenda by conference, workshops or by individual day. Click on the word "Go" to display.
During the registration process, you will build your own agenda. The plenary presentations are for everyone but you will select from the concurrent running presentations and workshops.
At the end of the registration process you will be able to print your customized agenda.
The Food Safety Consortium smartphone app is available for your smartphones and tablets which will significantly enhance your conference experience! The app is your complete source of all conference information.
We strongly urge you to download the app (available in November) and become familiar with it before the conference. When you first go to download it, select Innovative Publishing Co, and then select Food Safety Consortium.
We have replaced the paper programs with this app. This means to access the speakers presentation slides, you need to download them from the app.
Once installed, you will have instant access to features, like:
- The full event schedule
- Your agenda that you built during registration
- Session materials (slide decks, handouts, etc.) at your fingertips.
- Contact info of other attendees
- Social sharing on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Detailed info about speakers, exhibitors, and sponsors
- Room maps, exhibit maps, and local area maps
- Notifications of important updates, special offers, and more
The app is available for both Apple and Android devices
There are significant discounts that are time sensitive. For more information about the various discount packages, click on "Fees"
Use the links in the right column to access more details. The Conference Information Section provides additional links to things like the Agenda, Hotel, and Speakers.
Monday, December 5, 2016 - Friday, December 9, 2016 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center1551 Thoreau Dr NSchaumburg, Illinois 60173USA(847) 303-4100
Food Safety Consortium is organized by Innovative Publishing Co. LLC,
publisher of Food Safety Tech, a digital magazine.
receive the newsletter, opt-in at FoodSafetyTech.com
Copyright © Innovative Publishing Co. LLC;
PO Box 817 Washington Crossing, PA 18977, USA