2017 Careers in Medicine March Workshop
March 29-30, 2017
The CiM Workshop is a two day session that will assist you in learning about the Careers in Medicine program for your students. The training is geared toward faculty and staff responsible for providing career planning services to students.
Participants will also
• Gain practical experience in advising students to help inform the advisor training at their school
• Discuss and exchange ideas as well as network with faculty and staff from other medical schools
Participants who will most benefit from this workshop are
• Medical school faculty or staff who are primarily responsible for leading or supporting the programmatic aspects of implementing a career planning and advising program at their school. Often these individuals are registered with CiM as a liaison or liaison support.
• Medical school faculty or staff who advise students individually or in a group and are interested in the programmatic aspects of implementing the career planning and advising program at their school.
Pre-workshop PreparationAll participants are requested to complete pre-work that will consist of some videos to review (specifics will be shared closer to the training date) and completing the following CiM Assessments. Please print and bring assessment results to the training.
• Medical Specialty Preference Inventory (MSPI) - *Priority
• Physician Values in Practice Scale (PVIPS) – *Priority
• Physician Skills Inventory (PSI)
• Specialty Indecision Scale (SIS)
Taking the assessments—and the subsequent discussion at the workshop—will provide significant insight into how these major CiM tools work and how students experience them, which will prepare you for discussing and implementing these tools with students.
Additionally, please attend the training with knowledge of the career planning and advising program currently in place at your school, including staffing, program components, workshops, structure, and perceptions of the services, as applicable. We will be discussing and exchanging ideas and lessons learned with faculty and staff from other medical schools.
Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - Thursday, March 30, 2017
AAMC655 K Street NWSuite 100Washington, District of Columbia 20001USA202-828-0400
© 1995 - 2017 AAMC | 655 K Street, NW, Suite 100, Washington, DC, 20001-2399 | Contact Us | Follow Us | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Statement