June 30 - July 11, 2017 • Ages 16 - 18
Soccer is often called ‘the world’s common language’. It is played and
watched by more people, in more countries than any other sport, from
the mountains of Africa to the backstreets of Barcelona to the crowded
urban favelas of Brazil. It has greater power to cross boundaries of
race, culture and religion than almost anything else.
travel. play soccer. change the world.
Costa Rica is a land of stunning natural beauty that is home to cascading waterfalls, mist-covered volcanoes and jungle-fringed, deserted beaches. It’s easy to see why this Central American nation is the birthplace of pura vida – the pure life. But away from the tourist hotspots, life isn’t easy for everyone. Indigenous communities lack basic rights and representation and suffer from discrimination and lack of opportunity.
One thing that unites all Costa Ricans is their love of soccer. You’ll join the non-profit organization SEPROJOVEN as they deliver vital health and social services to children living in indigenous communities. Profits from the trip will support SEPROJOVEN’s daily operations providing health and social services to underserved indigenous children.
Each the third half experience uses the medium of the game to take you
on an educational journey that gives you a greater understanding of
how the world works, the challenges it faces and how we can solve
them together as global citizens.
You’ll get to experience first-hand how soccer can change lives. You’ll
work side-by-side with local coaches and experience how they use
soccer to help disadvantaged children. Profits from every the third half tour are invested directly in the local
host organization, meaning you’ll be helping to change lives long after
the final whistle.
**After registering, please wait to buy your flight until you have confirmation that the program has reached its minimum participant numbers. the third half will contact you as soon as the program reaches numbers, or at the latest by APRIL 1, 2017. Keep in mind that if you do book a flight before the program is confirmed, you will likely be held to cancellation penalties with the airline if you need to cancel the flight.
* All required ground transportation throughout your trip (airport transfers included)
* All soccer training sessions
* All community service and educational activities
* All cultural and sightseeing activities
* Use of training facilities for soccer sessions
* Water provided for all soccer activities
* 2-3 competitive matches against local teams
* Attend a local professional league or international match (subject to availaibility and additional cost at the time of the tour)
* Full board during your stay (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
* 11 nights accommmodation
* Full time supervisor on call 24/7
* Cancellation and medical insurance
* Additional items such as: Individual laundry, international phone calls, and other personal expenses (snacks, refreshments, souvenirs etc.)
* Admission fees to any cultural, tourist or leisure activities not listed in the itinerary
* Any other items not specified under the “Program includes” section
Friday, June 30, 2017 - Tuesday, July 11, 2017
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.