The Texas Strong Committee is looking for SBDC clients from across the great state of Texas who, with the help of their local SBDC, have developed innovative products or services that could potentially benefit rural Texas communities.
Eight finalists, two from each SBDC network in Texas,* will be selected as the “Best of Texas Strong” and invited to compete in a fast-pitch competition for cash prizes. Amounts vary based on sponsorships.
The finalists will also have the chance to win a Governor's Small Business Award. Winners are selected by the Governor's Office and the selection process is separate from the Texas Strong Fast Pitch Competition.
Complete the Texas Strong Nomination Form
Deadline to submit nominations is April 28, 2017
Finalists & SBDC advisors notified by May 15, 2017
Nominations will be accepted from ALL SBDC OFFICES in the state of Texas
The Texas Strong submissions are judged based on the following selection criteria:
• 20 points – Innovation: the uniqueness of the product or service, pending or issued patents, etc.
• 20 points – Environmental Impact: sustainable, renewable, recycled, energy-efficient
• 20 points – Relevance to Rural Communities and Markets: business located in rural area and providing jobs in rural communities, product or service focused on rural markets, etc.
• 20 points – Market Validation: business has demonstrated traction in the local or regional market
• 20 points – Social Good: business model includes a philanthropic element or community involvement
Please note that applicants are not expected to meet ALL criteria to be nominated, but the more points they earn, the better their chance of being selected.
The fast-pitch competition will be held in a breakout session with Texas Strong Committee members and interested attendees. The winner of the competition will have the opportunity to make their pitch at the closing session. Once finalists are selected, we ask for the following: two high resolution (min. 1MB, 300dpi) images of product/services, photo of business owner, and business logo.
*Registration procedures will be discussed with each finalist. If one or more of the SBDC networks does not submit at least two nominations, the committee reserves the right to select from the entire pool of nominations. Travel cost & hotel accommodations are the responsibility of the finalist*
To view & download the official Texas Strong rules, Click Here.
For information on additional information, download the 2017 Texas Strong, Small Business Proud promotional flier to reference later.
Download Flier Now
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.