The Comprehensive Application Engineering Course is designed to provide a broad base of knowledge for the selection and use of Metalcutting tools. This course covers lecture, workshop, experience sharing and machine demonstrations. 1. Mechanics of Metalcutting will cover tooling from a design perspective. This section starts with a discussion on How Tools Cut, the cutting forces and progress through the design elements related to turning, milling and drilling. All aspects of cutting geometry will be discussed along with its relationship to the cutting edge, workpiece material and power.
2. Workpiece Material will discuss the various workpiece materials that are popular in today's machine shop, their properties, and the challenges they pose to the shop floor personnel, though they are gaining popularity. We will address these challenges on how and what needs to be considered from a tool selection perspective.
3. Materials Technology will start with a discussion of common cutting tool materials and how they relate to each other. A discussion of powder metal technology will start with how Carbide is made and progressed through modern technology. Coating technology will include common application methods as well as the latest advances in coating materials.
4. Tool Selection and Application will introduce the tool path method of selecting and applying tooling. This section will be divided into the three main operations of turning, milling, hole making and tapping. Selection and application will include processing exercises to provide hands on experience.
5. Machining Economics will cover elements that effect productivity and overall cost, such as establishing operating conditions to gain maximum efficiency; the cause and effect relationship between operating conditions and tool failure, machinability, testing methods and cost justification.
6. Fixtures for Machine Tools will cover the importance of fixture, design & selection criteria, troubleshooting, etc which is critical for enhancing the tool life.
7. Cutting Fluids or coolants are important elements in enhancing the machining efficiencies. We will discuss the various types of cutting fluids, their advantages and roles in metal cutting, and selection and application of fluids. Care and maintenance of cutting fluids also will be discussed.
Monday, 19 June, 2017 - Friday, 23 June, 2017 8:30 AM - 5:30 PMIndia Time
Knowledge CenterKennametal India Limited8/9th MileTumkur RoadBangalore, Karnataka 560073India080-22198335/309
Pradeep Kumar S
32 (32 remaining)
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.