58th Annual Rochester Ophthalmology Conference
Online registration for this event is now closed. Please plan to arrive 30 minutes early for on-site registration.
The practice of ophthalmology encompasses all aspects of visual health as well as medical and surgical treatments of diseases. Ophthalmologists, optometrists, and allied health professionals strive to remain up to date in current sub-specialty trends, treatments, and clinical research studies that will impact patient care. In response to this educational need, the 58th Annual Rochester Ophthalmology conference is offering a variety of sessions and topics focusing on the latest published information in the practice of ophthalmology.
The 58th Snell Memorial Lecture will be delivered by Joel Schuman, MD, from the University of Pittsburgh. A recent winner of the Champalimaud Award for Vision Research, he is noted for his key role in the development of Optical Coherence Tomography for ophthalmic diagnostics. The Flaum Eye Institute Distinguished Visiting Professor Lecture will be delivered by Timothy Olsen, MD, Chairman of Ophthalmology and Director of the Emory Eye Center at Emory University. He is regarded as one of the brightest minds in AMD research as well as new techniques for retinal surgery. They will be joined by an outstanding line-up of guest lecturers as well as faculty members of the University of Rochester.
Physician Program Learning Objectives
At the conclusion of this conference, participants should be able to:
- Describe the use of antibiotics used to prevent endophthalmitis in cataract surgery
- Summarize the current state of evidence based treatments and experimental therapies for age-related macular degeneration
- List the advances in optical coherence tomography (OCT) in the diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma
- List experimental ophthalmic surgeries used in the treatment of retinal disease
- Summarize diagnosis and treatments for neuro-ophthalmic sarcoidosis and giant cell arteritis
- List rational choices of initial and adjunctive glaucoma treatments
- Describe current and future surgical and non-surgical treatments for diabetic retinopathy
- List steps in the management of complications of blepharoplasty
Please refer to the agenda for specific location and times.
Friday, March 15, 2013 - Saturday, March 16, 2013