ACLS Provider Course October 2 and 3, 2014
This event is closed. If you have any questions, please contact the event planner directly.
The ACLS Provider Course is designed for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies.
Through didactic instruction and active participation in simulated cases, the students will enhance their skills and clinical decision-making for the diagnosis and treatment of cardiopulmonary arrest, acute arrhthmia, stroke and ACS.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will:
1. Recognize and initiate early management of periarrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
2. Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating use of an AED
3. Recognize and manage respiratory arrest
4. Recognize and manage cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post-cardiac arrest care
5. Recognize and initiate early management of ACS including appropriate disposition
6. Recognize and initiate early management of stroke including appropriate disposition
7. Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader if a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance.
To view specific times and course schedule, please click on the Agenda tab.
Thursday, October 2, 2014 - Friday, October 3, 2014