The Attention Deficit Disorder Association (ADDA) is pleased to announce we are accepting proposals for consideration for presentation at the 2014 International Adult AD/HD Conference:
Celebrating the Progress of the Past and the Promise of the Future
The ADDA Conference is being held at the luxurious Rosen Shingle Creek Resort in Orlando, Florida, July 24 – 27, 2014.
ADDA is renowned for its conferences; the ADDA Conference is the only live event dedicated exclusively to adult AD/HD. The ADDA Conference offers keynotes, presentations, workshops and exhibits on every aspect of adult AD/HD, attracting professionals who want to share and learn the latest information available for psychologists, psychiatrists, doctors, AD/HD coaches, Human Resources professionals, professionals working in corrections and justice, college counselors and more.
As the only live conference dedicated to issues related to Adult AD/HD, the ADDA Conference is an important venue to present original research, new data, exciting clinical applications, service delivery initiatives, educational activities, and other pioneering work impacting our field today. We look forward to reviewing your proposal for a poster presentation at this dynamic and exciting Conference.
Please review the guidelines for submission to ADDA’s 25th Anniversary International Adult AD/HD Conference before submission and don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you need assistance with your submission.
Poster Presenter Tasks
The 2014 ADDA Conference Poster Session will take place on Friday, July 25 from 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM in the ADDA Conference Exhibit Hall, and will offer an opportunity to learn about a wide range of promising strategies and approaches related to adult AD/HD through displays and discussion in an informal setting.
To prepare for your participation at the ADDA 25th Anniversary Conference, all poster presenters must:
- Submit a Poster Presenter Information Form online. To avoid duplication, the form should only be completed by the lead presenter of each poster presentation.
- Review the following guidelines carefully and prepare the display for your poster presentation accordingly.
- Register as a participant at the ADDA 25th Anniversary Conference. Poster presenters are responsible for the full registration fee.
Complete Poster Presenter Information Form here.
Guidelines for Poster Presentations
Poster presenters will be able to enter the Poster Session room at approximately 1:30 PM on Friday, July 25, two hours prior to the scheduled 3:30 PM start of the Poster Session to prepare their displays. Please arrive promptly to affix your poster presentation to the display board and prepare your materials and handouts.
- For each poster, ADDA will provide a display board that measures 48 inches high by 96 inches wide (i.e., 4 high x 8 feet wide). The boards are covered with felt material and are self-standing. The boards will be set around the exhibit hall where the Poster Sessions are held.
- Push pins and Velcro tape will be provided by ADDA for you to secure your display to the board.
- A classroom style table (6 feet x 18 inches) will be set with each display board for materials or handouts that you may wish to display or offer to participants.
- If you need AV equipment, or need to be located near an electrical outlet in order to use a computer, please indicate this on your Poster Presenter Information Form so that we can make necessary arrangements.
- All display materials must be made in advance and brought with you to the ADDA Conference. To create your presentation, use lightweight poster board, thin foam core, or paper, as heavy display materials may be difficult to secure to the display boards.
- Each display should have a heading that provides the title of the poster presentation and the names and affiliations of the poster presenters. The poster title and names of the poster presenters should be the same as those to be displayed in the program. This heading should be in sufficiently large letters such that they are clearly visible from three to six feet away.
- To maximize the legibility and visual impact of your poster presentation, all text should be large and readable from three to six feet away. The smallest text should be a minimum of 24 point size, with headings larger. Use a font that is easy to read. Selective highlighting of your major points in contrasting colors or bold print can improve the visual impact and readability of your presentation.
- To encourage participants to read your display, make your poster easy for the viewer to follow and understand. Avoid excessive detail in the text or overly complex graphs and tables. An effective display is a series of brief statements and supporting illustrations that tell a story. The flow of your story should be clearly indicated with distinct columns, numbers, or arrows. A poster presentation should be self-explanatory.
- Keep it simple. Limit text to the essentials. If detailed explanation is required, prepare a handout of this information and have copies available to distribute to participants.
- During the Poster Session, you may expect that many people will attend and will ask you questions and request information. If you would like to provide handouts, we suggest you prepare 100 copies before arriving at the conference. (Copying services at the hotel will be more costly.)
- The assigned location for your poster presentation will be indicated by the name and number of your poster presentation affixed to the display board.
- You are responsible for promptly removing all materials from the display boards and tables at the end of the Poster Session at 5:30 PM so that the display boards can be dismantled and removed.
If you have any questions or need help, please don’t hesitate to contact Jacki at firstname.lastname@example.org.
President, ADDA Board of Directors
ADDA 25th Anniversary International Adult AD/HD Conference
25 Years: Celebrating the Progress of the Past and the Promise of the Future
Rosen Shingle Creek Resort, Orlando, Florida
July 24 – 27, 2014