Registration is now open for our 2013 Annual Joint AHMA-CARH Convention!
This will be our fourth successful year in merging the conventions into one.
This year"s convention will be held May 6-7, 2013 in Vancouver, WA (just across the river from Portland, OR).
Our convention has become one of the largest affordable housing management conventions in the United States.
Over 700 attendees have registered as of April 1, 2013. Note: most of our industry continues to use "hard copies" and "faxes" to register, which explains why the attendance numbers appear so low in our Cvent account (below).
The theme of this convention is “GAME ON! Inspiring Excellence in Affordable Housing Management.” Attendees will have an opportunity to win prizes by actively participating in games, quizzes and puzzles. The GAMIFICATION of our convention is based on national studies that have proven people learn more and retain knowledge when the learning experience is fun. Let me explain.Attendees will be assigned to a team, which will be represented by AVATARS with specific, fun team names. Trainers, presenters and sponsors are encouraged to incorporate games, quizzes, puzzles and case studies, or create other ways for people to earn points. The winning teams and individuals will get some fun door prizes and gift cards at the closing lunch on the second day when their individual and team points are added up and the winners announced.
Here are the key deadline dates for the convention:
• By March 1, 2013: Turn in your sleeping room pre-reservation list form. After March 1, simply contact one of these hotels and make your own reservations, directly (ask for the "Affordable housing" room block):
- Hilton (sold out)
- Red Lion (nearly sold out - call for availability (360) 750-4912
- Home Wood Suites (nearly sold out) call for availability (360) 696-0411
- Spring Hill Suites by Marriot (360) 260-1000
- Comfort Inn (360) 696-0411
- Residence Inn (360) 253-4800
- Staybridge Suites (360) 891-8282
- Heathman Lodge (360) 254-3100
• Also by March 1, 2013: All sleeping rooms must be guaranteed. Others will be released at this time.
• March 31, 2013: Registration closes and a $50 Late Registration Penalty will be added.
Go to www.wa-carh.org to get program updates, the revised "Convention-at-a-Glance" and award nomination forms.
Thank you for your support of the largest and most content-filled training and education event in the Pacific Northwest!
Call me on my cell phone if you need help or assistance: Joe Diehl (206) 290-5498