Do you need helping with funding your trip to this year's APP conference?
A group of piercers have gotten together to raise funds, which will be used to sponsor a few lucky people!
All the details for how to apply can be found in the fb group :
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS & MATERIAL
The No-Excuses Scholarship 2014
Applications accepted Jan 1, 2014-March 1, 2014 = APPLICATIONS FOR AL D SCHOLARSHIPS ARE NOW CLOSED The APP has a limited number of scholarships available. Before he passed away in February of 2001, Al D. Sowers devoted much of his piercing career to the education of piercers. It is only fitting that this scholarship be named for him. This is funding for approximately 8 piercers in need of financial assistance to attend the APP conference. Accommodations and conference registration are included in the Scholarship. Winners are required to share a room with other recipients and work more than 30 hours during the Conference. In addition, they must provide their own transportation to and from the conference.
1. Must be 21 or older by the time Conference happens.
2. Must be working as a piercer in a studio; have at least 6 months piercing experience by the time Conference starts. Apprentices who will not have ample piercing experience by Conference are not eligible this year. If an applicant loses his/her position during the application process they must regain employment within a reasonable amount of time or they will be disqualified. (if already accepted, the APP can consider rolling over their offer to the following year).
3. Recipients must be available in Las Vegas from 11am on the Sunday prior to Conference (time may be adjusted to later requirement) and attend Mandatory Volunteer Training & Meeting on that day. Recipients must be at Conference until approximately 10pm on the last day of Conference (Friday). Scholars will be provided training in advance of Conference via email/internet and onsite. Scholars will potentially be working at any time during the week of Conference. They will be provided a schedule in advance of Conference of their classes and work responsibilities. Scholars will be given an opportunity to block out time should they have specific plans while at Conference, but this is limited and must be arranged in advance.
4. Applicants must provide the information requested on the Application for the Scholarship. All information must be as complete as possible. Applications can be rejected for incomplete and/or untruthful information. Recipients of this scholarship are expected to work long hours, represent the APP in a professional manner for the duration of the Conference, and make of the most of the opportunity being afforded them.
5. International Applicants: You must provide confirmation that you have a VISA or other necessary traveling documents along with your application. If you will have a problem doing this please contact the APP office to discuss your options. ALL references supplied MUST have an email address provided.
6. Recipients are required to write about their experiences for possible publication in the post-Conference Point or other APP use.
What Scholars will receive:
1. Shared Hotel from Saturday before Conference to Saturday after Conference. Scholars will have their own bed in a room with another Scholar or Volunteer.
2. Conference Pass which allows you to take classes, and enter into the Expo free of charge.
3. Banquet Dinner Ticket - Scholars are required to work at the Banquet (non-food service).
4. While every effort will be made to allow Scholarship recipients to attend at least their top 10 classes – scholars will be working in many of the classes they attend.
If you have questions or concerns about the specifics of the workload, class attendance, and benefits of the scholarship experience; please do not hesitate to contact Caitlin in the APP Office.
THESE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
For the 2nd year J.D. Lorenz & Industrial Strength Body Jewelry will be donating funds for two additional complete scholarships. These scholarships are offered in Industrial Strength's and in Shannon Larratt's name. This enables the APP to offer two more piercers a Conference Pass & lodging in exchange for volunteer work. We are extremely grateful for Industrial Strength's continued support! Applicants should complete the Al D. Scholarship application as recipients will be chosen from the same pool.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2014 Cvent Inc. All rights reserved.