ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
REGISTRATION WILL CONTINUE ON-SITE IN LAS VEGAS AT BALLY'S,
STARTING AT 6PM ON SUNDAY JUNE 8TH
ATTENDEES REGISTERING IN LAS VEGAS WILL PAY $100.00 MORE FOR A PASS
OR $10.00 MORE PER CLASS (IF REGISTERING AS PARTIAL)
NO REGISTRATIONS OR CHANGES TO EXISTING REGISTRATIONS WILL OCCUR FROM MAY 17-JUNE 7TH.
ANY CHANGES TO EXISTING REGISTRATIONS WILL NEED TO BE MADE IN VEGAS!
CONFERENCE PROGRAM - DOWNLOAD IT HERE!
Our 19th Annual Conference and Exposition will be in Las Vegas, Nevada on June 8-June 13, 2014. Our classrooms will once again fill with attendees from all over the world. Piercers, Studio Owners, Vendors, and Health Inspectors will all come together for a week of education and peer-to-peer sharing. Learn the core requirements as a new piercer just starting to work in the industry – or update your skills and information as an experienced practitioner. You need not be an APP member to attend the Conference!* We are happy to announce next year our conference returns to Bally’s after an excellent time in 2013. Join us in the heart of the strip for comprehensive dining, unwavering service, and a signature style that attracts high-rollers from around the world.
Spend your time outside of conference in one of their numerous restaurants or shops. Relax and treat yourself to a day at the spa, or in a private cabana next to the Bally’s Blu pool. While still embodying the classic spirit of Las Vegas, Bally’s is centrally positioned on the Strip to keep you close to all the finest in shopping, dining, gaming, and nightlife. Located next to Paris and across from the Bellagio, Bally’s is a Vegas value in a convenient location.
Be sure to continue checking this website for the most up-to-date information about the Conference, as information is confirmed and materials become available! Or subscribe to our news feed using the "follow" tab at the top of this page to get updates as they occur.
For a review of the 2013 Conference – please click here.
HOTEL DISCOUNTED RATES FROM DECEMBER 1 -MARCH 1 - Bally's APP Room Block
The room block reserved for the APP is now sold out. This is record timing for our group. The hotel will do it's best to offer you the lowest available rates through the active block link.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
Everyone! New Piercers, Experienced Piercers, International Piercers, Apprentices,
Retailers, Wholesalers, Manufacturers…(restrictions apply to the Exposition, see below)
WHAT IS THE CONFERENCE?
The APP provides ample course selections for both the new attendee and our returning piercers. In 2014 the APP will start having a tier system for it's classes. This will assist new piercers to start with our more basic courses and assist more experienced piercers in finding appropriate courses for them. It should assist everyone in making better class choices resulting in a more fulfilling experience for all.
There are so many classes offered, how can I take them all?
You can’t in a single year. The APP encourages studios to send multiple representatives to maximize the number of classes and amount of education a single studio can obtain. Remember, we have many piercers who attend this Conference every year and we try to offer enough variety for everyone to have a unique experience each time they attend Conference. The APP is here to assist in choosing the right class for you. We have Conference Mentors who can assist you prior to registration, after registration and/or at the Conference. The APP Office is also available to field questions and assist with schedule planning.
I am a Health Inspector, can I attend the Conference? How much does it cost me?
Yes, and for the 8th year in a row the APP invites Health Inspectors to attend the Conference free of charge. The only requirement for this offer is that the person(s) attending reserves and stays in a room in the host hotel within the APP room block. Book early to get your room. Our room block does fill! If you need documentation confirming this offer, contact email@example.com or 888-888-1277.
Hablo español. ¿Me puede ayudar usted? Por favor contacto firstname.lastname@example.org si usted necesita para hablar con alguien en español.
I have a disability. Can you help me?
The APP wants Conference to be a great experience for all its Attendees. If you have a need for special services or concerns about access etc. please do not hesitate to contact us. 1-888-888-1277 or 785-841-6060 or email@example.com
I have no money. Can you help me? Applications accepted Jan 1, 2014-March 1, 2014 - APPLICATIONS FOR THE AL D SCHOLARSHIPS HAVE CLOSED
SEE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE for information on piercer sponsored scholarships
The APP has a limited number of scholarships available. Before he passed away in February of 2001, Al D. Sowers devoted much of his piercing career to the education of piercers. It is only fitting that this scholarship be named for him. This is funding for approximately 8 piercers in need of financial assistance to attend the APP conference. Accommodations and conference registration are included in the Scholarship. Winners are required to share a room with other recipients and work more than 30 hours during the Conference. In addition, they must provide their own transportation to and from the conference.
1. Must be 21 or older by the time Conference happens.
3. Recipients must be available in Las Vegas from 11am on the Sunday prior to Conference (time may be adjusted to later requirement) and attend Mandatory Volunteer Training & Meeting on that day. Recipients must be at Conference until approximately 10pm on the last day of Conference (Friday). Scholars will be provided training in advance of Conference via email/internet and onsite. Scholars will potentially be working at any time during the week of Conference. They will be provided a schedule in advance of Conference of their classes and work responsibilities. Scholars will be given an opportunity to block out time should they have specific plans while at Conference, but this is limited and must be arranged in advance.
4. Applicants must provide the information requested on the Application for the Scholarship. All information must be as complete as possible. Applications can be rejected for incomplete and/or untruthful information. Recipients of this scholarship are expected to work long hours, represent the APP in a professional manner for the duration of the Conference, and make of the most of the opportunity being afforded them.
5. International Applicants: You must provide confirmation that you have a VISA or other necessary traveling documents along with your application. If you will have a problem doing this please contact the APP office to discuss your options. ALL references supplied MUST have an email address provided.
6. Recipients are required to write about their experiences for possible publication in the post-Conference Point or other APP use.
1. Shared Hotel from Saturday before Conference to Saturday after Conference. Scholars will have their own bed in a room with another Scholar or Volunteer.
2. Conference Pass which allows you to take classes, and enter into the Expo free of charge.
3. Banquet Dinner Ticket - Scholars are required to work at the Banquet (non-food service).
4. While every effort will be made to allow Scholarship recipients to attend at least their top 10 classes – scholars will be working in many of the classes they attend.
If you have questions or concerns about the specifics of the workload, class attendance, and benefits of the scholarship experience; please do not hesitate to contact Caitlin in the APP Office.
Applications for the scholarship will be accepted starting January 1, 2014. Deadline for submission is March 1, 2014. Scholarship recipients will be notified by April 7. Application forms are available through a download here:
I am easily stressed. Can you help me?
The APP encourages all participants to take care of themselves during Conference. Due to long hours and the excitement of the event, many attendees find themselves overwhelmed. Daily morning Yoga classes are free to all attendees. The Friends of Bill W. and Al-Anon will have meetings during the week. The staff and volunteers at Conference are available should you need assistance in finding emotional support, medical care, or a quiet place to rest – please let us help.
Volunteers made a big difference in the success of our Conference if you are interested in joining our team in 2014 please contact Caitlin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hours and schedules can be adjusted to suit your desires.
CONFERENCE REGULATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
CAN I PERFORM OR RECEIVE PIERCINGS IN MY HOTEL ROOM?
Absolutely not! To maintain space in our host hotel and comply with insurance requirements, absolutely no piercing, scarification, branding or implants; or any other form of body modification from hotel rooms (in any hotel) will be tolerated. Any APP members participating in these types of activities risk losing their membership. Any member or non-member risks expulsion from the hotel and/or Conference. This type of behavior contradicts everything the APP represents and promotes in its educational outreach and mission.
REGISTRATION AND CHECK IN – please bring a valid form of photo identification – Driver’s license, State I.D., passport etc. in order to Register on-site or pick up your Conference Badge. Don't forget proof of your industry affiliation!
Admittance to the Expo is restricted to those affiliated with the industry as it is considered to be a trade show floor. These restrictions protect our vendors, who are selling to retailers at wholesale prices. Attendees who purchase an Expo pass will be asked to show proof of industry affiliation (business license, business card with name, other documentation). The APP can refuse entry to the Exposition Floor without proof of industry affiliation.
Bally's Grande Salon, 2013 APP Conference - April Berardi
Sunday, June 8, 2014 - Friday, June 13, 2014 6:00 PM - 6:00 PMPacific Time
Bally's Las Vegas3645 Las Vegas Blvd SouthSouth Las Vegas, Nevada 89109USA1-877-603-4390
APP HomepageAssociation of Professional Piercers
Our Host HotelBally's Las Vegas
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2014 Cvent Inc. All rights reserved.