CE hours: 3 Lecture
Speaker: Kristi Seibel, DMD, diplomate, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry and practices in Sudbury
This course will provide some guidelines for the management of the pediatric patient in a dental setting. Pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic methods will be discussed including the role of the parent/guardian as well as some strategies for helping the patient with autism cope in the dental office setting.
- Describe the different types of children's temperaments
- Discuss anxiety producing times during a dental visit and strategies to help the patient
- Understand the different non-pharmacologic techniques used for an apprehensive child
- Learn behavior management of dental patients on the autism spectrum
- Recognize the parent/guardian as a factor in providing care
Recommended Audience: Assistant, Dentist, Hygienist
Class is subject to cancellation if enrollment is not met. Call (800) 342-8747 ext. 250 for information on cancellations due to inclement weather. Free cancellation up to 10 days prior to course date.