Caspian Gas - The Opportunities and Challenges for Europe’s Future Energy Security
|The volumes of gas in the Caspian region are staggering, and combined with its geographic location, it is one of the most important areas for the global gas market; the potential is enormous. The region can secure the future of energy supply, not only domestically and for the European market, but also the Chinese and Indian markets for decades to come. The Caspian Gas Forum will focus heavily on the strategic, commercial, and geopolitical issues related to the selection of gas transportation pipeline routes, particularly in light of developments in major regional gas fields including Shah Deniz fields and the continued development of the gas supply of the Southern Corridor.|
|Gastech Specialist Events will host the Caspian Gas Forum on the 3 - 5 July 2012 in Istanbul, Turkey. Join us to explore the full lifecycle of exploration and production development and predictions from the region about how the pipeline projects are developing, and how they are interdependent on each other. |
|Bringing together government officials, IOCs, NOCs, operators, EPC specialists, local contractors and regional experts, this must-attend event will explore the key areas which will require further commitment and investment, and the significant geopolitics between the major players in the region. It will cover developments throughout the region, including those in Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Iraq, Iran, and Turkey (the gateway of Caspian gas to Europe), as well as surrounding countries influenced by the region.|
|Forum Highlights include:|
- An overview of the geopolitics in the Caspian region: market entry and overcoming the risks of investment
- Developments in exploration and drilling: understanding the broader potential for gas beyond Shah Deniz
- The Southern Corridor: keeping the lights on in Europe
- Bringing Shah Deniz gas from the Caspian and Middle East to Europe
- Azerbaijan: open for business and a lynchpin for upstream developments
- The view from Northern Iraq: what are the challenges, where are the opportunities?
- An overview of the gas markets that are affected by the Caspian region
- Turkmenistan: what do investors really need to know?
- Turkey: the key player in the European gas market?
- How do the recent discoveries in the East Mediterranean affect Caspian gas supply in the medium and long term?
- Project updates from the Trans Caspian, Trans Adriatic, South Stream and White Stream Pipeline
- Kazakhstan: the development of the Kashagan oil and gas field
- The impact of Chinese high demand for energy on Caspian gas supply
- Iran: a potential game changer for the global gas market?
|New Speakers Confirmed include:|
- Reha Aykul Muratoğlu, Head of Transit Petroleum Pipelines Department, The Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources, Turkey
- Selami Incedalci, General Director of Petroleum Affairs, The Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources, Turkey
- Orhan Duran, Chairman, PETFORM
- Philippe Hochart, Vice-President Caspian Iran, GDF Suez