This workshop is designed for the hospital-based healthcare professional who is knowledgeable and experienced with ICD-9-CM and needs to understand the basic structure, guidelines and coding protocols of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS. The federal government has mandated that ICD-10-CM will replace ICD-9-CM for diagnosis coding in all types of healthcare services on October 1, 2014, and it is significantly different in structure and coding protocols. ICD-10-PCS will replace ICD-9-CM for inpatient procedural coding and it has a radically differentstructure and approach than its predecessor. This workshop will devote the first day to ICD-10- CM and the second day to ICD-10-PCS.
Workshop objectives are as follows:
• Introduction to the structure of ICD-10-CM and its significant differences from ICD-9-CM
• Format of ICD-10-CM codes
• Coding conventions and guidelines
• ICD-10-CM coding processes and chapter-specific instructions
• Practice coding ICD-10-CM using acute care scenarios
• Introduction to the unique structure of ICD-10-PCS
• Structure of a PCS code and explanation of its component fields
• Definitions and values of the characters
• Practice coding ICD-10-PCS using acute care scenarios
Hospital professionals who might benefit from this workshop include, but are not limited to, those working in:
• Information technology
• Clinical documentation
• Quality improvement, risk management and utilization
• Revenue cycle management
• Corporate compliance
• Decision support
• Health information management
Experienced professional coders may be interested in this workshop as an introduction to ICD-10, but it is not designed to be a mastery level coder training program.
This workshop assumes some experience and knowledge of ICD-9-CM coding in acute care and is not appropriate for those with no prior experience or knowledge of coding.
05/20/14 - 05/21/14 8:30 AM - 4:30 PMEastern Time
Miami Valley Research Park1900 Founders Dr.Suite 100Room 113Kettering, Ohio 45420937.252.9787
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2015 Cvent Inc. All rights reserved.