This workshop is designed for the post- acute care professional who is knowledgeable and experienced with ICD-9-CM and need to understand the basic structure, guidelines and coding protocol of ICD-10-CM for diagnosis coding. The federal government has mandated that ICD-10-CM will replace ICD-9-CM for diagnosis coding in all types of healthcare services, effective October 1, 2014. ICD-10-CM is significantly different in structure, definition coding guidelines, and coding conventions. Post-acute care professionals need to understand how to correctly code in ICD-10-CM in order to receive timely and correct reimbursement.
Understanding the coding system structure will also allow the post-acute care organization to identify the clinical data that will be necessary in order to code correctly .
Workshop Objectives are as follows:
• Introduction to the structure of ICD-10-CM an its significant differences from ICD-9-CM
• Format of ICD-10-CM codes
• Coding conventions and guidelines specifically focused of post-acute levels of care
• ICD-10-CM coding processes and chapter-specific instructions
• Practice coding ICD-10-CM using post-acute care diagnostic scenarios
Post-Acute Care professionals who might benefit from this workshop include, but are not limited to, those working in:
• Long term care facilities
• Hospice organizations
• Home healthcare organizations
• Dialysis organizations
• Durable Medical Equipment organizations
This workshop assumes some experience and knowledge of ICDCM coding in post-acute care and is not appropriate for those with no prior experience or knowledge of coding.
This workshop is approved for 12 continuing education credits by the American Health Information Management Association.
05/06/14 - 05/07/14 9:00 AM - 4:30 PMEastern Time
Miami Valley Research Park1900 Founders Dr.Suite 100Room 112Kettering, Ohio 45420937.252.9787
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2014 Cvent Inc. All rights reserved.